Experience anew



One thing I have surely learnt in near past life. It’s not easy to handle pets (Especially dogs). The kind of attention they need is no less than a basic requirement to a family member.
And I would also share this information with people who think keeping pets is an easy job – or have them at home and delegate the dirty work to someone else.

I learn much with experience each day as it comes with Troy. He has recently turned a year older. Time to celebrate; with each passing day I ‘think’ that he grows up, stop chewing, stop jumping. But in vain these behavior patterns still exist.

Now Im not sure if I am really cut out to be a pet owner because my parents think I fail big time at it. Mum actually mocks me. “Mama I want a dog” is what I used to say to her. I said it so often, then finally decided they will gift me one on my birthday. (Okay I may have insisted a bit)

I totally adore him, I do and so do my family members. But it’s just recently the puppy boy has been infested by ticks. Poor Troy. This is my first ever pet – and I don’t know how to take care of this situation. Being a Labrador his size is a hindrance in tick or flea cleaning.

But over the weekend I learnt something new. First of all ticks don’t just die. I mean THEY JUST DON’T DIE. So one has to find ways to kill them, and I found a way which sadistically brings me some pleasure as well.
They crawl almost everywhere. You will find them on your body, your clothes, bed sheets, sofa’s, floor basically everywhere.

I was so frustrated with these stupid crawly creatures I decided to do something about it. Off course there are more ways to handle such situations – like using tick powder, shampoo, tick collar etc. I’m sure most dog owners would know that. But I choose to use another technique. And so I decided to burn these little black pieces crawling all over. Oh yes and I did burn them and with immense pleasure that too. I even burnt my hand during this procedure but then the pain was worth it.

I first tried it with a lighter, but that almost jammed my finger to an extent I couldn’t even move it anymore. So then I advanced to the candle. Problem with the candle was, wax would drip all over the floor making it really messy. The last and the least painful and messy was incense stick. So I would use the burning side on the back of these ticks and they would pop dead, just like how pop corn pops.

And that’s the end of their blood sucking lives.

At least, once they are dead, I know for sure they wouldn’t go crawling back into his skin to multiply and make his life miserable. I couldn’t even bear to imagine Troy’s condition.
And so I take this path to hell. But I’m sure he is thanking me all the way.

Comments

  1. Awww...ur such a good mom to Troy..ya it can be frustrating seeing your small one struggle in pain becoz of the tics...m sure with all that ur doing they;ll eventually shoo off...

    all the best babe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange but this is the same story in my house...my daughter, pooja who is in M'bai in her final sem of BMS... hers is the similar story as urs crazy about pets n me exactly the opposite, dead against...so finally she bought (bcos there was no one to stop her) a pup, cocker spaniel in M'bai, who is almost 1 1/2 yrs now.

    She also treats him like a baby, shes named him whisky...n i must admit he is adorable, i met him when i went to India last year. But luckily he doesnt have any ticks problem. And now she refuses to come here without him, so v have to make arrangements so that she can bring him here along with her.

    I will surely recommend her to read ur blog post. Very well written. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Neha, Im sure they will shoo off eventually. Thanks

    Thanks Sonu - Cocker spaniel is a beautiful breed. Im sure whisky has a lot of hair. She needs to really maintain him so that he is 'All clear' of ticks. :)
    Get all his documents sorted and he will be here visiting you soon.
    If your daughter is alone bringing him up and simulaneausly attending college, Bravo to her.
    You'll love him more when he is around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya that's right is all day & thing is new for everyone.
    Online Shopping

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Universally United at Twitter

Free spirited jump