Free spirited jump


Just as I was thinking of making my Bucket list, I don’t know why but Sky diving was one of the obvious things to do.

And while I started making the list, I was lost in memory of my ‘free spirited jump’ That’s what I like to call it. Well this is how the incident goes:

It was one of the usual family get togethers where my parents and their friends and their children who would be my friends during the cool winter mid morning decided to head to a destination.


Very common of us to park outside the ‘meeting point’ at Sarooj to get ourselves all assembled, fueled up on fuel and food knowing its going to be a long exciting adventurous day ahead.

We plan to go to Wadi Tiwi and there was this huge smile on my face as I love long drives, they don’t ever bore or tire me. (Long story to blog about someday)

210Kms to our destination, we stop, we ate, we clicked pictures, we would sit about anywhere on our way, I am guessing it is the company of people that makes you do so.


On our way we reached this long stretch of Arabian Sea, the site – breathtakingly bluish green. I love green very soothing. On the opposite side, rough dark tall mountains. Wanted to make a jump at the soothing green, but wait, not yet my ‘Free spirited jump’.


We still had a long way to get to the wadi, passed the Tiwi town, enjoying our drive while we reached our destiny. Finally we did. Since it is a common tourist destination in this country, well one can say it was crowded. Searched parking for our rides and started to walk.


Walking through the mountains, and a few picture pretty lakes meant to be on post cards was a bit exhausting but never the less rewarding when you reach the heart of the Wadi. It took us about 45min to get there. There was, like a small deep swimming pool, a wadi. Seeing the local kids jump into the wadi made my friend and my stomache stir. We were wondering if they, being so young, can do it so can we. Hmm, did a lot of thinking as if we were trying to solve a big business issue. But it was just a jump, how difficult could it be? Waiting, thinking, contemplating STILL and then suddenly…


JUMP!!!


Few seconds in mid air, suspended. Thoughts running, NO, thoughts still, NO. No one holding you, nothing touching you, your mind completely concentrated on what you land - rather numb, soaking in the suspension, soaking in the freedom, soaking in the fall.

Splash!! One big smile, big achievement and that IS my ‘Free spirited jump’.

Which till date I speak of so lucid and have this big achieved smile on me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Universally United at Twitter

Experience anew